Read An Excerpt.
- The Monster in the Machine: Magic, Medicine, and the Marvelous in the Time of the Scientific Revolution.
- Publisher defends campaign in the London Tube.
- Biochemistry & Genetics: Pretest Self-Assessment & Review.
- Globalization of Language and Culture in Asia: The Impact of Globalization Processes on Language?
- Other Titles by Ivan Turgenev.
Paperback —. Add to Cart. About Fathers and Sons When Fathers and Sons was first published in Russia, in , it was met with a blaze of controversy about where Turgenev stood in relation to his account of generational misunderstanding. Also in Modern Library Classics.
Also by Ivan Turgenev. About Ivan Turgenev Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev was born in in the Province of Orel, and suffered during his childhood from a tyrannical mother. Product Details.
- The Queens Own FBI Trilogy - Brain Twister, The Impossibles, Supermind;
- Ivan Turgenev;
- Shop By Category?
- AI and Cognitive Science ’90: University of Ulster at Jordanstown 20–21 September 1990?
- Fathers and Sons by Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev and Peter Carson (2009, Paperback)!
- Edmund Gosse.
- Turgenev, Ivan - Fathers and Sons - Vintage Penguin Classics PB Ed 1978?
Inspired by Your Browsing History. Praise "No fiction writer can be read through with a steadier admiration. Related Articles.
Looking for More Great Reads? Download Hi Res.
Fathers and sons (Penguin Books)
LitFlash The eBooks you want at the lowest prices. Read it Forward Read it first.
Introduction by Rosamund Bartlett. A Russian doesn't need them, even if they come free'. Enter your Postcode or Suburb to view availability and delivery times.
Sorry, this book is not available.
See Terms for more information. A Russian doesn't need them, even if they come free' Returning home after years away at university, Arkady is proud to introduce his clever friend Bazarov to his father and uncle. But their guest soon stirs up unrest on the quiet country estate — his outspoken nihilist views and his scathing criticisms of the older men expose the growing distance between Arkady and his father. And when Bazarov's visits his own doting, but old-fashioned parents, his disdainful rejection of traditional Russian life causes even further distress.
In Fathers and Sons , Turgenev created a beautifully drawn and highly influential portrayal of the clash between generations, at a time just before the end of serfdom, when the refined yet vanishing landowning class was being overturned by a brash new breed who strove to change the world.
Related Fathers and Sons (Penguin Classics)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved